Located in the heart of Central Texas, The City of Nolanville is a growing,
vibrant community that maintains a small town atmosphere.
We strive to live up to our motto of "A Great Place to Live".
Neighborhood Empowerment and Tax Reinvestment Zone Designated
Click here for more information!
FM 439 Spur - $2,000,000 in Complete Street Funding
Share use path and bridge improvements are in the near future for Old Nolanville Road, 5th Street and Avenue G thanks to funding from TxDOT. Grant construction covers 80% of costs while the other 20% is funded through Street Maintenance Sales Tax and maintenance funds.
Capital Improvement Certificate of Obligation (CO), July 2020 $1,500,000
Capital Improvement Projects (CIP) address Nolanville’s long-term needs in the form of street repairs, drainage improvements, parks, other public utilities and facilities. These projects are typically scheduled over several years to address the City’s ability to pay for the improvements. Capital Improvement Projects are relatively expensive and non-recurring, periodically these improvements are financed with Bonds or Certificates of Obligation.
The 2020 Obligation will primarily fund road construction. A 20% match is required for TxDOT Livability Project "Nolanville Park Connectivity." The project extends from 10th Street along Avenue H and the entire length of Mesquite Street. The total project is estimated at $1.5 million, the City's Match is $300,000 (funded through CO plus engineering (funded through Street Maintenance Sales Tax Fund.)
The remaining portion of the CO is planned for reconstructing the remainder of Avenue H to Jackrabbit, a portion of the side streets in the plaza and engineering for Old Nolanville Bridge and East/West Tributaries
Public Works Street Preservation
The Ridges received a seal coat in Fall 2020, just in time to maintain it's condition before the Feb 2021 winter storm!
Viking Construction applied micro-surfacing to various streets throughout the City November 2019 to improve ride ability and preservation. Streets treated included Ashly, Gehler, Jordan Loop, Moss and Cindy.
Additional streets will receive preservation coat in the Summer of 2020. The target area is the Ridges.
Pleasant Hill Road was widened at the entrance and repaved to improve safety from the access road March 2019, work was completed by TTG.
Point repairs were completed January 2019 and June 2020 throughout the City. Alpha Paving is completing the work.
Road Maintenance Plan
Cedar Height and a portion of Bella Charca will receive preservation treatments similar to the Ridges in July 2021.
Click Here to Review Plan
Winter Storm Repairs Coming Soon!
Avenue H near 10th Street, Red Leaf, Lazy Brook and Old Nolanville Road Bridge repairs are engineered and currently advertised for bids. Council anticipates awarding the work in July. Expect periodic closures of the Bridge. Repairs are funded through Streets Maintenance Sales Tax.
Interstate 14 Improvements
The I-14 project, adding roadway capacity via an inside travel lane in both the eastbound and westbound directions as well as a concrete traffic barrier between opposing travel lanes, from FM 3423 (Indian Trail) in Harker Heights to FM 2410 in Belton, began in September 2019 and is scheduled for completion in the summer of 2021, weather permitting.
TxDOT advises the traveling public to expect delays, temporary congestion and periodic temporary single lane closures within the work zone, for the duration of the project.
The project, designed to increase safety along US 190, will apply safety-end-treatments to culvert-ends at cross drainage locations under frontage roads and adjoining private driveways, as well as upgrade guard-rail from Paddy Hamilton Road, east of Nolanville, to I-35 at Belton.
Please observe all warning signs and exercise caution when passing near construction personnel and equipment in the project area.
-The City received another $175,000 grant match to further install a covered field that can also be used as a Pavilion. The biggest improvement from this effort is access to public restrooms during hours of operation. Look for this work to begin October 2021.
-Texas Parks & Wildlife (TPW) granted a $150,000 grant match for a splash park and playground improvements in 2016. The EDC contributed an overmatch for $23,000. In 2018, a large park grant from TPW for approximately $600,000 and provided installation of a Basketball Court, Multi use field, ADA trail, playground equipment, dog park and fitness stations. This particular grant was completed July 2021.
- The Multi-Use Center was funded by the Texas Department of Agriculture as a Community Development Block Grant. The grant provided $350,000 and the EDC provided the 5% match of $17,500, while the City contributed $20,000 toward construction. The Boys & Girls Club began operations in the building on August 24, 2018.
Keep Nolanville Beautiful
CONNECT WITH US
Copyright © Nolanville, Texas 2016