Skip Navigation

Welcome to the City of Nolanville A Great Place to Live

Capital Improvement Plan
  • FM 439 Spur - $2,000,000 in Complete Street Funding

    Share use path and bridge improvements are in the near future for Old Nolanville Road, 5th Street and Avenue G thanks to funding from TxDOT.  Grant construction covers 80% of costs while the other 20% is funded through Street Maintenance Sales Tax and maintenance funds. 

    Capital Improvement Certificate of Obligation (CO), July 2020 $1,500,000 

    Capital Improvement Projects (CIP) address Nolanville’s long-term needs in the form of street repairs, drainage improvements, parks, other public utilities and facilities. These projects are typically scheduled over several years to address the City’s ability to pay for the improvements. Capital Improvement Projects are relatively expensive and non-recurring, periodically these improvements are financed with Bonds or Certificates of Obligation.

    The 2020 Obligation will primarily fund road construction. A 20% match is required for TxDOT Livability Project "Nolanville Park Connectivity."  The project extends from 10th Street along Avenue H and the entire length of Mesquite Street. The total project is estimated at $1.5 million, the City's Match is $300,000 (funded through CO plus engineering (funded through Street Maintenance Sales Tax Fund.)

    The remaining portion of the CO is planned for reconstructing the remainder of Avenue H to Jackrabbit, a portion of the side streets in the plaza and engineering for Old Nolanville Bridge and East/West Tributaries

    Public Works Street Preservation

    The Ridges received a seal coat in Fall 2020, just in time to maintain it's condition before the Feb 2021 winter storm!

    Viking Construction applied micro-surfacing to various streets throughout the City November 2019 to improve ride ability and preservation.  Streets treated included Ashly, Gehler, Jordan Loop, Moss and Cindy. 

    Additional streets will receive preservation coat in the Summer of 2020.  The target area is the Ridges. 

    Pleasant Hill Road was widened at the entrance and repaved to improve safety from the access road March 2019, work was completed by TTG.

    Point repairs were completed  January 2019 and June 2020 throughout the City. Alpha Paving is completing the work. 

2023 Capital Improvement Plan

Click Here to Review Plan

Previous Projects

ClickHere to Review Plan

FM 439 Spur Connectivity Project

City Council Award: Thursday, September 15, 2022

Expected time of completion:  June 2024

Stay Tuned: Details on this project will be updated on here and on our Facebook as they become available to us. 


Road Maintenance Plan

Cedar Heights and a portion of Bella Charca will receive preservation treatments similar to the Ridges.

Click Here to Review Plan

Interstate 14 Improvements

The I-14 project, adding roadway capacity via an inside travel lane in both the eastbound and westbound directions as well as a concrete traffic barrier between opposing travel lanes, from FM 3423 (Indian Trail) in Harker Heights to FM 2410 in Belton, began in September 2019 and is scheduled for completion in the summer of 2021, weather permitting.   

TxDOT advises the traveling public to expect delays, temporary congestion and periodic temporary single lane closures within the work zone, for the duration of the project.  

The project, designed to increase safety along US 190, will apply safety-end-treatments to culvert-ends at cross drainage locations under frontage roads and adjoining private driveways, as well as upgrade guard-rail from Paddy Hamilton Road, east of Nolanville, to I-35 at Belton.

Please observe all warning signs and exercise caution when passing near construction personnel and equipment in the project area.

Park Improvements

-The City received another $175,000 grant match to further install a covered field that can also be used as a Pavilion.  The biggest improvement from this effort is access to public restrooms during hours of operation.  Look for this work to begin October 2021.

-Texas Parks & Wildlife (TPW) granted a $150,000 grant match for a splash park and playground improvements in 2016. The EDC contributed an overmatch for $23,000.  In 2018, a large park grant from TPW for approximately $600,000 and provided installation of a Basketball Court, Multi use field, ADA trail, playground equipment, dog park and fitness stations.  This particular grant was completed July 2021.  

- The Multi-Use Center was funded by the Texas Department of Agriculture as a Community Development Block Grant.  The grant provided $350,000 and the EDC provided the 5% match of $17,500, while the City contributed $20,000 toward construction.  The Boys & Girls Club began operations in the building on August 24, 2018.

Copyright © Nolanville, Texas  2016

powered by ezTaskTitanium TM