HOME · SITEMAP · CONTACT US
Welcome to the City of Nolanville
A Great Place to Live
CLICK HERE to review Nolanville Strategic Growth Newsletter.
Public Works Projects
Viking Construction applied micro-surfacing to various streets throughout the City November 2019 to improve rideability and preservation.
Additional streets will receive preservation coat in the Summer of 2020.
Pleasant Hill Road was widened at the entrance and repaved to improve safety from the access road March 2019.
Point repairs are scheduled between January 28-29, 2019 throughout the City. Alpha Paving is completing the work.
In March 2017, a Public Works Bond (7 Year) was issued for $500,000, intended for various projects involving Road & Drainage Improvements. Below is a summary of these efforts:
Red Leaf Drainage: This problem was identified and engineered in 2016. It was ready to bid for construction and completed the Summer of 2017.
Park Road, Elm and West Dogwood Drainage & Road Reconstruction: Solving the drainage issues on these roads was the main focus of the Bond. Residents were notified and asked to park on the streets during critical times of the road reconstruction. There were several fences obstructing drainage and maintenance, the City is coordinating with owners to remove them temporarily and replace with flow through design. Park road is also carved out. Substantial completion is just around the corner.
Blue Bonnet Spillway: This issue was recently identified in the media. Although it was not part of the bond's initial focus, remaining funds will be used to conduct preliminary engineering. Construction is scheduled for April 2019.
- Avenue H & Mesquite Street - Park Connectivity: The City was awarded TxDOT Grant Funding for 80% of construction improvements to Avenue H & Mesquite Street. This will add pedestrian and bike accessibility up to $1.2 million dollars. Construction is expected to begin 2020.
- Main Street Connectivity- Adds sidewalks, multi modal access and improved safety along Main Street. Sidewalks extends to the bus stops. This grant is from KTMPO/TxDOT covers 80% of construction, the 20% match is funded by the Economic Development Corporation. The project was completed in April 2019.
Governor's Community Achievement Award
Nolanville won the Governor's Community Achievement Award for Keep Nolanville Beautiful efforts in 2017. KNB the award is $110,000 for Landscaping on Main Street. If you would like to be part of these efforts contact firstname.lastname@example.org or attend a meeting on the 4th Thursday of the month at 6pm, Nolanville Municipal Building.
- Texas Parks & Wildlife granted a $150,000 grant match for a splash park and playground improvements in 2016. The EDC contributed an overmatch for $23,000.
- The City received an award for continuing phases of the improvement in March of 2018. The grant will be used to provide sports lighting/fields, skate park, and many other long overdue elements. The basketball court will be completed in February 2019.
- The Multi-Use Center was funded by the Texas Department of Agriculture as a Community Development Block Grant. The grant provided $350,000 and the EDC provided the 5% match of $17,500, while the City contributed $20,000 toward construction. The Boys & Girls Club began operations in the building on August 24, 2018.
Interstate 14 Improvements
The Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT) will begin a series of Main Street closures at the intersection of Main and I-14, in Nolanville, beginning Sunday evening December 15, 2019. The closures will take place overnight between the hours of 7 p.m and 6 a.m., Sunday thru through Thursday, until completion of the additional I-14 overpass travel lanes at that location. Southbound Main Street traffic will detour west to the Nola Ruth Blvd overpass and loop back to Main. Northbound Main Street traffic will detour east to Patty Hamilton Rd and Loop back to Main.
Initial overnight closures at Main will be curtailed December 20, 2019 thru January 3, 2020 and resume Sunday, January 6, 2020. I-14 eastbound and westbound main lane traffic will be maintained during the bridge work.
The I-14 project, adding roadway capacity via an inside travel lane in both the eastbound and westbound directions as well as a concrete traffic barrier between opposing travel lanes, from FM 3423 (Indian Trail) in Harker Heights to FM 2410 in Belton, began in September 2019 and is scheduled for completion in the summer of 2021, weather permitting.
TxDOT advises the traveling public to expect delays, temporary congestion and periodic temporary single lane closures within the work zone, for the duration of the project.
The project, designed to increase safety along US 190, will apply safety-end-treatments to culvert-ends at cross drainage locations under frontage roads and adjoining private driveways, as well as upgrade guard-rail from Paddy Hamilton Road, east of Nolanville, to I-35 at Belton.
Please observe all warning signs and exercise caution when passing near construction personnel and equipment in the project area.
Receive periodic Nolanville Updates to your email. Sign Up Below
Keep Nolanville Beautiful
101 North 5th Street
Nolanville, TX 76559
Phone: (254) 698-6335
Fax (254) 698-2540
We strive to preserve our small town atmosphere while preparing for growth and future generations, to enhance the beautification of the city, embrace the diversity of its people, and improve the quality of life for our citizens. We aspire to be "A Great Place to Live".
Promote the health, safety, and welfare of our citizens; add value to our community by planning for the future, and encourage community involvement. Being responsive to those we serve, while always striving to improve the quality of life for our citizens, and enhance our dedication towards making the City of Nolanville "A Great Place to Live".
Copyright © 2016 City of Nolanville, Texas.
powered by ezTaskTitanium TM